Why go to Quebec City?
We can earn commissions from affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
Faced with prioritizing your must-see destinations in Canada you may wonder why go to Quebec City? The answers are diverse and could be surprising – read on to learn more:
- A Taste of Europe in North America – Quebec City offers a uniquely “European” ambiance that you will not find anywhere else in North America. Here Americans can experience some of Europe’s famed history, art and architecture without boarding a plane or stepping out of their comfort zone.
Credit: Le Monde en Vidéo, CC BY 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons
- Cultural Diversity – while French culture and traditions dominate in Quebec City, the population includes people from many other countries including England and Ireland. The result is a melting-pot of identities, religions and cuisines
Credit: CasselmanCanada via Youtube
- Historic Architecture – Quebec’s architectural gems have been exceptionally carefully preserved. Many buildings date back to the 1600’s and are still in use today.
- World-class Museums and Galleries – you can learn about the fascinating history and culture of the city at a variety of excellent museums and interpretation centers like the Musée de la Civilisation and the Musée de Beau Arts.
- Winter Wonderland – from November to the end of March Quebec is covered in a blanket of pristine white snow which beckons visitors to join the locals as they enjoy a wide range of winter activities. These include the Quebec Winter Carnival which features Night Parades, Ice-canoe races, outdoor ice skating and much more.